I love to write, but the only writing pieces that I can finish, are the sad ones. The ones where I explain that little pit of black in the back of my brain. I want to write about the beauty in this world because there is so much of it. Instead, only words filled with anger and something so suffocating fill the page. I hate that I can’t seem to put the good into words, but the bad comes so easily. I’ve tried to think and write positively, but it’s so much easier to write about the negative because it’s so much easier to see. Each piece of positively is sloppy and is not worth anyones time, but the depressing one’s are better. More relatable, I guess. It’s easier to fall into to that black pit and let it’s claws guide my hands on the paper. I know that I am a negative person and can only see a few steps ahead. I want to change that, but I don’t know how.
Sap clings to the evergreen trees surrounding my house made of brick. Insects call to each other and bats fly between the trees. The summer sky hold stars dimmed by the light of Denver, a city of people contrasting the quiet of the Rocky Mountains. I sit on the moonlit porch, feeling the summer breeze pull at my short hair. Colorado. A state of mostly flat farmland, interrupted by the sharp mountains. Where wildlife is yet to leave. Where the air is thin and dry. I love this state.
Today, I will share with you a bit about my life. It is not very exciting, but I would like for you guys to get to know me better and for me to get to know you, so here are ten things about me.
- I have three little sisters (Courtney, Caroline, and Sara).
- I plan to someday get my PhD in geology.
- I have three pets that inhabit my room: a crested gecko, a leopard gecko, and a russian tortoise.
- I peaked in kindergarten. (I was super social, now I’m kind of a hermit)
- I work at an after school program at my local elementary school.
- I am sixteen years old.
- I eat a lot of candy. I’m surprised my teeth haven’t fallen out.
- Growing up, I struggled to read and was behind most of my peers.
- I love anime especially the art of it.
- This is what I look like:
Thanks for reading.